Neck and thoracic pain can affect many aspects of daily life. Physiotherapists can help work with you to determine the causes of your pain and help relieve your symptoms.
Common causes or thoracic and/or neck pain:
- Poor posture: Sitting or standing in a slouched or hunched position for long periods of time can strain the muscles in the neck and upper back, leading to pain.
- Muscle strain or injury: Overuse or sudden movements can cause strain or injury to the muscles in the neck, leading to pain and stiffness.
- Whiplash: This is a common injury from car accidents that causes sudden jerking of the head, leading to strain or injury to the muscles and ligaments in the neck.
How can physiotherapy help?
- Pain relief with manual therapy techniques
- Home exercise program
- Postural retraining
- Activity modifications
- Advice on self-management strategies