Mastitis and Blocked Ducts
Mastitis and blocked ducts are two common conditions that can occur in lactating people. Mastitis is an infection that occurs in the breast tissue, usually in one breast. Blocked ducts, on the other hand, occur when milk is not flowing properly through the breast ducts, causing a blockage. Blocked ducts can lead to mastitis.
Neck & Thoracic Pain
Neck and thoracic pain can affect many aspects of daily life. Physiotherapists can help work with you to determine the causes of your pain and help relieve your symptoms.
Breast engorgement is a common condition that occurs when there is an excess of milk in the breasts, often in the first few weeks after childbirth. It can be caused by a variety of factors, including changes in hormone levels, infrequent or ineffective breastfeeding or pumping, or an oversupply of milk.
We offer multiple services to assist with breastfeeding/feeding, mastitis, engorgement, and breast health.
Our physiotherapy services include:
- Therapeutic ultrasound for mastitis and engorgement
- Taping and massage for breast conditions
- Nipple health and care
- Musculoskeletal assessment for help with neck, shoulder and back
- Advice and provision of probiotics and other supplements
- Bra assessments and fittings
- Referrals to other specialists such as lactation consultants or